Tips for Cooking Frozen Vegetables
It is not always possible to get fresh vegetables and as we all know, vegetables are very important in our daily diets. At Frozen Foods Factory Shop in George you will find a wide selection of frozen vegetables to include in your menu. With the correct cooking tips you too can cook delicious, crispy and tasty frozen vegetables. No more soggy and tasteless vegetables.
• Prepare frozen vegetable directly from frozen
• Do not overcook frozen vegetables – it will lose nutrients and ruin the taste
• Steam Frozen Vegetables instead of boiling. The water should only cover 1/3 of the vegetables and you only need to cook until warmed right through.
• Microwave frozen vegetables in a dish without water until hot for a crunchy bite. (+- 4 to 5 minutes depending on the microwave)
• Steam frozen vegetables in a covered dish in the microwave, adding a little water. (+- 4 to 5 minutes depending on the microwave)
• Cook frozen vegetables with a small amount of water in a pot until they are hot right trough. 3 to 6 minutes depending on the size of the vegetables.
• Frozen vegetables can also be fried in a pan with a little bit of butter or olive oil until hot right trough. Season to taste.