Vegetable Baskets with Tarragon Creme
No more boring vegetable dishes for your family, surprise your loved ones with these Vegetable Baskets with Tarragon Crème, they will love it. The McCain Classics Hawaiian Mix available from Frozen Foods Factory Shop in George is used in this recipe.
- Serves: 6
- 4 Sheets Phylo Pastry
- 15ml Olive Oil
- 5ml Turmeric
- 500g McCain Classics Hawaiian Mix
- 20ml Corm Flour
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 10 to 15 ml Dried Tattagon
- 125ml Sour Cream
1. Place the pastry sheets on top of each other, generously sprayed with olive oil in between the sheets.
2. Cut the pastry in 6 rounds and place in pastry stacks in each of the 6 muffin pan cavities which have been sprayed with olive oil. Gently push the pastry to take on the form of the cavity and trim any untidily protruding edge neatly.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Remove baskets gently and place on baking sheet.
4. Heat the oil in a wok, add the turmeric and stir for about 30 seconds.
5. Add the McCain Classics Hawaiian Mix, season and toss over a high heat until glossy.
6. Whisk together the corn flour, stock and tarragon add to the vegetables.
7. Toss lightly until thickened, remove from heat and stir in cream.
8. Spoon a portion of the vegetables in each phylo basket and return to oven for 5 minutes before serving.